It is very much important to keep clean your floors and carpets in your house. But think of a situation- you are vacuuming your floor and suddenly got stuck because of the power cord. This is a common issue of using corded vacuums.
To help you in this matter, there are many cordless vacuums available in the market. But not all of those are good for hardwood and carpet. If you are looking for something like that, worry no more. Here in this article, you’ll find a few suggestions for the best cordless vacuum for hardwood and carpet. Hope this will help you to find out the best one for your home.
If you are interested, without further ado, let’s start.
Buying Guide For Hardwood and Carpet Cleaner Cordless Vacuum
- 1 Buying Guide For Hardwood and Carpet Cleaner Cordless Vacuum
- 2 Best Cordless Vacuum for Hardwood and Carpet: Top Picks
- 2.1 Dyson V11 Torque Drive
- 2.2 MOOSOO M 4 in 1 Cordless Vacuum
- 2.3 Shark ION F80
- 2.4 Bissell 1984 Cordless Vacuum
- 2.5 Shark WV201
- 2.6 FAQ
- 2.7 Related Posts:
Before buying any cordless vacuum for your hardwood floors, pet hair and carpets, you need to take a look at some specific features to find out the perfect one for you. We will discuss about some particular features that you need to take care of below:
- Weight: Cordless vacuums weigh lot less than other vacuums. If your cordless vacuum weighs much, you will not be comfortable enough to use it as it will be very difficult to carry. Cordless vacuums weighing up-to 8 pounds are suitable for using.
- Body Built: If the cordless vacuum does not have a sturdy built or have a plastic body, there is a chance of breaking down within a short time after buying it. Make sure that your vacuum comes with a strong body built as you will have to carry and move it almost every day for cleaning.
- Power Supply: Almost all the cordless vacuums are powered using lithium-ion batteries. If your selected vacuum doesn’t have the required amount of run-time, you may not be able to clean your house at a time. Before buying a vacuum, make sure that your vacuum has a long run-time as well as fast charging method.
- Suction Power: Suction power is one of the most important things that you should be careful enough. If your vacuum is not powerful enough to create a strong suction power, all your money you are willing to invest at the vacuum will be wasted. Make sure that your vacuum has a suction power that is strong enough to pick-up both large debris and microscopic dust.
- Dust Can Capacity: The dust can used in a cordless vacuum is not capable enough to capture dust as the dust can used in a full-sized vacuum cleaner. But, don’t forget to check if the dust can in your vacuum cleaner is large enough to do your work.
- Other Essential Features: There are some few features that are helpful to have in your cordless vacuum such as:
- LED Lights: LED lights used in vacuums help to illuminate dark areas and clean those areas more effectively and thoroughly.
- Bendable Cleaning Tube: Bendable cleaning tube will help you to clean under any furniture easily.
- Power Trigger: Different surfaces require different suction power to clean. Some vacuums come with power trigger to switch suction power between cleaning hardwood floors and carpets. It helps to save battery power and give some extra run-time.
- Docking Station: Using a docking station you can store your vacuum and its attachments easily.
- Battery Life Indicator: All the cordless vacuums don’t have this feature. But battery life indicator is a useful feature to let you know how much time you have on your hand for cleaning.
Best Cordless Vacuum for Hardwood and Carpet: Top Picks
Dyson V11 Torque Drive
V11 is the most intelligent and powerful cordless vacuum from Dyson with twice as strong suction power than any other cordless vacuum. To create a powerful suction, its motor spins at up-to 125,000 rpm. Its advanced whole-machine filtration helps to capture 99.99% of dust and particles up-to 0.3 microns.
This cordless vacuum comes with a LCD screen which shows different important information. Such as shows the selected power mode or how much battery power is left for different cleaning mode.
V11 has 3 different modes for controlling the suction power including eco mode, auto mode and boost mode. It has Dynamic Load Sensor (DLS) to change the motor speed automatically on different surface such as carpets or hard floors for a powerful cleaning. Its maintenance alerts remind the user to clean filters and inform of any blockages.
Powerful 7-cell lithium-ion batteries allow using it for up-to 60 minutes. V11 weighs 6.68 pounds. The box comes with torque drive head, crevice tool, mini-motorized tool, combination tool, stubborn dirt brush, soft dusting brush, docking station, docking station, wand storage clip and charger. Docking station with the box helps to store and charge the machine and hold additional tools.
- Right balance of run-time and power for satisfactory cleaning.
- Perfect weight for maintaining stability while using the vacuum.
- Charges very fast.
- The top part of the thumb hurts while using it for long-time cleaning.
MOOSOO M 4 in 1 Cordless Vacuum
MOOSOO M 4 in 1 cordless vacuum is a lightweight yet a powerful vacuum for cleaning the whole house thoroughly. It comes with a detachable 2200mAH battery which provides it a running time of 20-28 minutes approximately. 120-watt powerful suction in it helps to clean almost all the debris, dust, crumbs and pet hairs easily. It has 4 different cleaning heads for cleaning all types of surfaces.
The Moosoo comes with a washable and recyclable HEPA filtration system that helps to remove dust particles as little as 0.1 microns up-to 99.99%. The Vacuum has 2 adjustable modes for cleaning different surfaces. Its flexible head angle which can rotate up-to 120° to clean every corner of the house. LED dust searchlight used in it helps to illuminate and clean every dark corner.
The main body of the machine weighs only 3.3 pounds. It can increase up-to 4 pounds after adding attachments. Its box comes with the main body, 2 in 1 dusting brush, motorized floor brush, light aluminium alloy tube, cleaning tool, 2200mAH battery, AC power adapter and a wall bracket. Its wall mounted docking station is capable of storing machine and attachments while charging.
- Lightweight yet strong body-built.
- Easy to move.
- It creates only a little noise that can be ignored easily.
- There is no battery life indicator.
Shark ION F80
Shark ION F80 is a cordless vacuum with great suction power for cleaning daily debris, dust, dirt, pet hair and high traffic areas. It comes with two removable and rechargeable lithium ION batteries. You can easily switch one battery and use the extra one if the battery is out of power. Using 2 different batteries provides a run-time of up-to 80 minutes.
F80 has duoclean technology for cleaning the dust and debris on both carpets and hard floors. Its multiflex technology helps to bend wand and clean hard to reach areas like under furniture easily. It can be folded into a little machine for saving storage. With a push of a button, you can transform it into a hand vacuum.
F80 weighs 8.51 pounds. The vacuum comes with a powerhead, two brushrolls and two lithium-ion batteries in the box.
- Very long run-time.
- Removable and switchable batteries.
- Outstanding performance on solid surface.
- Can be used for cleaning easily under furniture.
- Sometimes long hair gets wrapped with roller brush.
Bissell 1984 Cordless Vacuum
Bissell 1984 is a lightweight and powerful cordless vacuum for multi-surface cleaning. It weighs only 7.75 pounds. This vacuum runs with a 22V Lithium-ion battery for cleaning the home up-to 40 minutes approximately. For easy storage, it comes with a collapsible handle.
Bissell 1984 has multi-surface brush roll and an innovative power foot design to deliver maximum performance while cleaning both hard floors and carpets. It is easy to move around and under furniture as it comes with a lay flat handle and swivel steering. Its removable dirt bin has a slider for pushing out debris, dust and hair without any mess. For illuminating and cleaning dark areas more effectively, it has bright and wide range LED lights.
- Easy maneuverability allows cleaning around and under furniture without trouble.
- Good battery life.
- Dirt be can be removed and cleaned easily.
- Powerful LED for detecting dust and debris in dark areas.
- It doesn’t come with any attachments.
Shark WV201 is a handheld vacuum with strong suction power. A high speed and brushless motor in it creates unbelievable suction power. It is very easy to carry and move with as it weighs only 1.4 pounds.
Shark WV201 has a dust cup with the capacity of containing 0.08 quarts of dust and debris. This vacuum cleaner comes with two different cleaning head for dealing with pet fur, upholstery and tight spaces. Tapered nozzle helps to pick up large debris and fine dust easily. Its charging dock is always ready for fast charging and storing it in a tiny space. To run the vacuum, a lithium-ion battery is required which is provided with the vacuum.
- Dust cup is very easy to empty.
- Very lightweight and easy to use.
- Always ready to use as it has a fast charging dock.
- Creates loud noise while cleaning.
What is the best cordless vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet?
– Actually there are number of cordless vacuums those are best depending on different pros and cons. It is hard to name only one vacuum. All the cordless vacuums we mentioned above are effective and good enough for their different features. You can try any of those depending on your requirement.
Which Cordless Shark Vacuum is the best on hard and carpeted floors?
– Shark is a well-known brand for vacuum cleaners. There are lots of different models of cordless vacuums out in the market from this company. On our list above, we have mentioned 2 different cordless vacuums from the brand Shark named Shark ION F80 and Shark WV201. Both the vacuum has different pros and cons. But both of these vacuums are efficient enough to clean hardwood floors and carpeted floors. You can use either the F80 or the WV201 depending on your requirements.
How to vacuum hardwood floors without scratching?
– Scratches on hardwood floors damage the beautiful looks of your house. To vacuum hardwood floors without scratches, you can take some pre-cautions. Try to select a vacuum that has hardwood friendly brushes. Having safety pads on suction head will help to vacuum without leaving a mark or scratch. Most importantly, nothing will work unless you are careful enough while vacuuming the floors. Make sure you are paying enough time and attention while doing your work.
How to vacuum carpet under bed?
– It is actually hard to vacuum under bed or any other furniture. But there are some cordless vacuums those are easily maneuverable such as Shark ION F80 or Bissell 1984 cordless vacuum. These vacuums can be used to vacuum under the bed easily as they cover almost all the hard to reach areas for cleaning. It is suggested to vacuum twice under the bed to make sure that you have cleaned the area perfectly.
How to vacuum carpet stairs?
– To vacuum carpeted stairs, you will have to follow few different steps. Firstly, you will have to clean the edges of the stairs. After vacuuming the edges, it is time to vacuum the treads and the risers. Treads are the parts where we stand in stairs. Risers are the parts between each tread. You will have to vacuum from the top so that any debris that may be knocked down the steps can be picked up by the vacuum later.
We have highlighted some of the best cordless vacuum for hardwood and carpet above after using them for few times and completing different experiments with those. You can try any of our recommended vacuums according to your requirement for both your hardwood floors and carpets. We can ensure that you will have a nice and satisfying experience while using those vacuums we mentioned above.