Our floors are probably the most extensive part of our houses. They cover all the rooms and with the exception of the places we cover with rugs or carpets, they are also the most visible areas in our homes. That is why many of us go through the expense of having good floors, whether it is hardwood, tiles, marble, laminated floors, and many more. The right mop is key in proper floor maintenance, and in this article, we will look at several options so that you can decide the best mop for hardwood and tile floors.
To be honest, a good floor is the pride and joy of any homeowner, and keeping it clean is important in maintaining the aesthetics of our homes. There are very few things more annoying than filthy floors but it is important to get the right equipment that will provide that extra gleam to our floors.
If you’re interested in our recommendations for the best steam mop for wooden floors, visit our homepage!
Top 7 Best Mop for Hardwood and Tile Floors
- 1 Top 7 Best Mop for Hardwood and Tile Floors
- 1.1 1. BISSEL PowerFresh Hardwood and Tile Floor Mop
- 1.2 2. 18″ Professional Microfiber – Best Mop for Hardwood and Tile Floors
- 1.3 3. BISSEL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop
- 1.4 4. Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin
- 1.5 5. Swiffer WetJet Hardwood and Floor Spray Mop
- 1.6 6. Swiffer Sweeper Dry and Wet Floor Mopping
- 1.7 7. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor
- 1.8 Related Posts:
1. BISSEL PowerFresh Hardwood and Tile Floor Mop
The PowerFresh Steam Mop from renowned Bissel comes attached to a 23-foot power cord for easy mobility and features steaming capabilities that kill up to 99.9% of germs. It has a digital steam control that enables you to switch between temperatures, and attachable fragrance discs for a pleasant, refreshing aroma in your home.
Quick Temperature Rise
The Steam Mop has three power levels: low, medium and high. The digital steam control enables quick switching between the temperatures and this mop is ready to use within 30 seconds of being powered up.
The Steam Mop contains two washable microfiber pads: the soft pad and the scrubby pad that can be switched depending on your sealed floor’s needs. They are attached to a flip-down scrubber that makes the mop more angled for ease of use.
Provides a Range of Options
The Steam Mop contains a fillable water chamber and gives you the option between steaming or cleaning without steam. It also gives you the option of attaching a fragrance that caters to your own preferences. The Bissel Steam Mop comes in 3 different colors to fit your preferences.
- A flip-down scrubber that makes it easier to handle.
- Swivel option to reach all corners in the house.
- Various temperature ranges to cater for different floor types.
- Cleans with steam and prevents chemical damage to floors.
- The mopping pads are switchable and machine-washable.
- It does not quickly clean grout.
- May experience wetness on floors under certain steam settings.
2. 18″ Professional Microfiber – Best Mop for Hardwood and Tile Floors
This mop from Microfiber Wholesale comes with two types of microfiber pads: a wet mop pad and a dust mop pad. These are supported by a 6′ handle made of stainless steel that can be adjusted to suit your needs and a high-quality aluminum frame.
The mop comes packaged with two wet mop pads and one dust mop pad. This enables you to switch between high-quality micro-fiber pads depending on the type of cleaning you are doing. These pads are machine-washable and thus save you replacement costs.
The stainless steel handle is durable and not prone to rust even after long use. It is adjustable to up to 6 feet, catering for a wide range of user heights. The mop can do a full-circle swivel, which makes it easy to use under furniture and in corners.
The high quality aluminum frame, makes it strong and durable. It is also 18 inches wide, covering a large surface area with easy swipe.
- Comes with a wet mop that easily cleans tougher dirt.
- Has a dry mop that traps easily cleans smaller debris like pet hair and dirt.
- Can do a 360-degree turn for more reach.
- The handle is adjustable to suit different user heights.
- The aluminum frame increases its strength.
- Microfiber pads trap small debris that are tedious to get out.
- It is expensive compared to others of its kind.
3. BISSEL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop
Another sleek-looking mop from Bissel, the Spinwave features a 28 oz. storage tank with spray capabilities, both scrubby and soft pads for cleaning a variety of floors and a spinning mechanism for that rotates the pads when cleaning.
Two Types of Pads
The Spin wave features a soft pad for that gentle touch when cleaning floors that require a high level of maintenance. It also has a scrubby pad that deals with the tougher, sticky stains especially on your tiled floors.
The Spin wave contains a 28-ounce liquid storage which you can fill with your preferred solution and use in several rooms without refilling. This tank can be controlled by a spraying feature that gives you control over how much solution is dispensed.
The pads are held by strong frames that spin with power in order to give your floors the desired shine without you getting on your hands and knees for it. The pads spin at a desired speed and do not make noise while spinning.
- Spinning technology that reduces cleaning efforts.
- 28-ounce liquid storage to put your solutions in.
- On-demand spraying mechanism to control the amount dispensed.
- Reusable soft and scrubby pads for different types of floors and stains.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Only one of each pad requiring clean-out while cleaning.
- The scrubby pad may not be hard enough for some stains.
4. Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin
The Rolling Spin comes with two microfiber spin mop heads, with the mop head spinning up to 180-degrees for higher maneuverability. The stainless steel mop handle extends up to 5 feet and is easy to dip into the stainless steel water bucket for drying.
Two Mop Heads
The Mopnado Deluxe Rolling Spin features two circular washable mop heads made of high-quality microfiber. They can detach and exchange during cleaning to ensure that your floors do not have streaks from using a dirty mop head.
Stainless Steel Material
The stainless steel bucket can roll on any floors by its big wheels. This bucket contains a spin activator that gets the dirt off the mop during cleaning and also features a sieve-like feature that acts as a filter as you squeeze the liquid out of the mop. For these reason it known as one of the best spin mop.
Spinning Mop Head
The spinning mop head can turn in a nice half-circle so as to reach all corners of the room. It is durable, contains high-quality material that makes it easy to spin the mop pads when cleaning.
- Suitable for cleaning a variety of floors, even laminated floors.
- Spinning mop head for easier maneuverability and reach.
- A stainless steel bucket that can be rolled on any floor without causing damage.
- 2 washable microfiber mop pads that save time and money.
- Bucket has a soap dispenser that is easy to remove and fill.
- Plastic connecting the mop head to the cleaning pads might fall off.
- Tedious to manually spill solution from the bucket.
5. Swiffer WetJet Hardwood and Floor Spray Mop
The WetJet from Swiffer features a strip that absorbs the dirt collected by the mopping pad and locks it in the pad to prevent you from spreading dust around. The mop head contains two nozzles for spraying solution controlled by a battery-operated sprayer. The kit contains the batteries, power pad, and mopping pad replacements and a 500ml spray bottle.
The two high-quality nozzles are controlled by a battery-operated sprayer to give you double the solution. This feature is time-saving as it reduces solution refills.
The starter kit comes with a prepared WetJet solution that is suitable for any finished and sealed floors. It is contained in a 500ml refillable bottle which makes it versatile as it gives you the ability to put the solution you desire into for cleaning.
The pads on the WetJet are made to trap and lock dirt so that you do not reapply it on other surfaces when cleaning. They are also replaceable to ensure that you get the best all the time.
- 3-foot stainless steel pole for easy maneuverability.
- Dual nozzle for double release of cleaning solution.
- Replaceable pads to ensure ease of cleaning.
- Sprayer operated by batteries.
- Suitable all finished wooden floors and sealed floors.
- The WetJet pads might need replacing for higher efficiency.
- Rusting inside due to contact with solution leading to sprayer jamming.
6. Swiffer Sweeper Dry and Wet Floor Mopping
The Swiffer Sweeper Dry and Wet Floor Mopping comes with both dry sweeper and wet mopping cloths included in the package. It also comes with a tall handle that is easily collapsible to improve its portability.
Multiple Wet Cloths
The Swiffer Sweeper comes as a kit with 3 pre-packaged wet clothes for your mopping needs. These wet clothes are thick and hold water, making it easier for you to dissolve dust particles and retain it until you dispose of it.
Multiple Dry Cloths
The Swiffer Sweeper starter kit has 7 pre-packaged dry clothes that are thick and make it easy to sweep away debris like dust, hair pieces, and fur. Both these cloths are disposable and it is easy to purchase additional cloths from online.
The strong and durable handle that attaches to the wet cloths is long and suitable for taller users. It can also fold in 4 places, making it small enough to transport and store easily.
- Prepackaged thick wet clothes that easily dissolve dust particles.
- Prepackaged multiple dry clothes for sweeping away dirt and other solid debris.
- Foldable handle for easier mobility and storage.
- Replacement cloths are affordable and easy to access.
- Money-back guarantee from Swiffer.
- The cloths are not machine-washable, which is costly.
- Not suitable for use on wooden floors, carpets or non-sealed tiles.
7. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor
This mop comes as a kit from Rubbermaid and it a microfiber cleaning cloth and a scrubber that targets harder stains without scratching your floors. It also comes with a 22-ounce bottle that is refillable to allow for user preference for cleaning solutions. The handle holds a spray trigger that you can press to release your washing solution.
Microfiber pads are 50% more effective than regular fiber pads, making it easier for you to gather dust with one swipe. The fact that it is machine-washable means that it is durable and will save you the money you would have used in purchasing more cleaning pads. For the more stubborn stains, the Rubbermaid comes with a scratcher.
The refillable bottle gives the user the option to use your preferred cleaning agents that are best for your floors. It is easy to use and can hold hot water without melting.
The handle contains an easy-to-use manually-operated trigger that can be controlled just by the fingers to release as much solution as you prefer. The refillable bottle is inverted into a space designed for it on the handle and you use the trigger to control the outlet.
- Comes with a microfiber pad that gathers more dust and a scratcher for stubborn stains.
- Machine-washable pad to save on costs.
- Refillable bottle giving you the choice to use your desired cleaning solution.
- A spray trigger on the handle that controls the amount of solution that jets out.
- It is lightweight.
- It is a bit expensive.
- The trigger might jam if soap clogs the mechanism.
Tile and Hardwood Mop Buying Guide
Before buying a mop, there are several crucial considerations that you should think about. The following are some important things to consider when buying a mop suitable for hardwood and tile floors.
Type of Floor
There are different types of floors and certain types of mops do not work for all of them. Some floors should not be exposed to a lot of moisture, for example, unfinished hardwood floors, or waxed/oiled floors. On these surfaces, it is good to use a dry mop or a wet mop wrung until it is almost dry. Laminated floors also require special care and it is more important to find a mop that does not scratch the surface. For this, it is important to find a mop with a soft head.
Type of Mope
As hinted above, there are many types of mopes and your selection should mainly be based on the types of floors you have. The moisture can affect the hardwood floors or other floors. So, it is important to find a dry mop. For other mops like tiled floors that can withstand moisture you might consider a mop that releases the cleaning solution and water, whether in a handheld spray bottle or in a fillable chamber on the mop’s handle.
Recently there are steamed mops that give you a range of heat options based on your floor and the type of dirt you are dealing with. Steamed mops have grown popular due to the ease of use and their lightweight capabilities.
The best floor cleaner for hardwood and tile comes in different forms and the type of material used determines the water retention and dust trapping capabilities. Thicker mops have higher water retention and higher dust trapping capabilities. Cotton mops are thick and highly absorbent, but they shed or get caught under furniture and rip off.
Microfiber materials are easy to use and have high dust retention capabilities, plus the fibers are thin enough to get into those tricky corners. Many microfiber mops are washable, so you can reuse and saving on costs. Rayon material is highly absorbent and does not shed like cotton, making the material desirable for many mops. There are also sponge mops that do not require constant wringing.
You want to maintain your floors without breaking the bank, but also without sacrificing on value to your floor. Many mops are overpriced due to exaggerated unnecessary features, while there are equivalents that will do the same job equally as well the cost less. The mops suggested in this article are very high-quality mops with many favorable reviews from users, and they are all very affordable.
You should also consider factors like the material used to make the pole. Plastic poles are prone to breaking especially when scrubbing tough stains. Stainless steel mop handles are strong and durable and are not prone to rust even after coming in contact with water over a period of time.
The flexibility of the mop handle and the mop head is also considered for choosing the best steam mop for hardwood and tile floors. Mops that turn to 180-degrees or 360-degrees are good at reaching into those tough corners and under furniture.
A mop a sprayer contained directly on the mop is preferable especially if the floor to be mopped covers a wide area. You do not want to be bending or pulling a bucket of water and solution behind you. Then there are mops which are electrically powered, others that are battery powered and others that do not use any type of powering except manpower.
Your floor totally deserves that extra care. A well-maintained floor is a crowning glory to the owner, despite the irony of that statement, and it is important to consider your floor’s needs before picking a mop.
This article has given you a checklist to consider before buying a mop, and it has provided you with a wide range of mops available online for different types of floors. The mops suggested all have hundreds of good reviews, and while the list is not conclusive, choosing the best mop for your hardwood and tiled floors has never been simpler as there is something for everyone out there.