The rise of vinyl floors is mostly due to its better performance and durability compared to the wooden floors. It is quite suitable to use in bedrooms, kitchen or virtually anywhere. But leaving any dirt on your vinyl floor can seriously damage the texture and finishing of the floor. Purchasing an affordable but excellent mop can seem easy, but it’s very tricky in reality when it comes to vinyl planks. So if you need the best mops for vinyl floors, we are here to help you with choosing the right one and other necessary information as well.
What to Consider While Buying Best Mop For Vinyl Floors:
- 1 What to Consider While Buying Best Mop For Vinyl Floors:
- 1.1 Selected Top 5 Best Mops for Vinyl Floors:
- 1.2 Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop
- 1.3 2. Bona Stone Tile & Laminate Floor Spray Mop:
- 1.4 3. Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
- 1.5 4. JINCLEAN™ 24″ Industrial Class Cotton Floor Mop:
- 1.6 5. Super Absorbent Microfiber Mop:
- 1.7 Related Posts:
Any mop you buy has to be durable and lightweight so that you can carry it around comfortably. Mop handles made of aluminum alloy are the most durable, and plastics should be avoided as its vulnerable to breaking down.
Consider the heads
Wider cleaning heads cover more area and hence, make it more efficient and less time-consuming. Some mops with flexible cleaning heads are also available that make cleaning further easier.
Requires less amount of cleaning solutions
For efficient cleaning, mops that require a minimal amount of cleaning solution are preferred so that there is less wastage. On top of that, a longer handle will ensure that you get your cleaning done swiftly and adequately as a wider area is accessible.
Do not buy one that has Scrubbing Pad.
It is essential to select a mop without a built in the scrub brush when you want to use it on your vinyl floors. These brushes rub the dust and dirt against the polished floors and damage the surface of the floor like rubbing a sandpaper world.
Choose a Microfiber Cleaning Pad
The excellent microfiber mops allow rigorous cleaning of any floor quickly, including vinyl floors of course. The pad is much more effective as it absorbs 50% more dust per swipe than mops with cotton loops. Microfibers take half the time to clean the same area and more productive. The microfiber is reusable as you can wash the pad several times. It will b as neat and tidy as day one. You won’t need to rush off to stores every time you clean.
Selected Top 5 Best Mops for Vinyl Floors:
Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop
The Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop is durable and lightweight at the same time. There is a 54-inch metal trigger with a plastic handle at the top end and a soft grip in the middle that you can comfortably hold on to during cleaning.
Less time consuming
The plastic gives the handle further flexibility to turn towards different directions. The 15-inch cleaning head is much broader than a standard mop head. It allows it to cover the higher surface of the floors per swipe. It is much efficient and less time consuming than other mops.
It requires a minimal solution to clean the entire house, so there is minimum wastage. You pull the trigger at the top to spray a sufficient amount of any solution and wipe it away without even drenching the floors.
The excellent microfiber Mopping Pad from Rubbermaid allows deep cleansing of any floor quite easily. Moreover, there is no need to get your hands dirty at all. The metal handle is long enough to make a wide area accessible from where you are standing.
- The pad is much more effective than any other Mop for vinyl plank.
- This machine absorbs 50% more dust per swipe than traditional ones.
- It comes with Built-in Non-scratch scrubber. It helps you to break up and wipe away the dirt hiding in stubborn spots.
- Very easy to use and move
- The spray nozzle can malfunction at times
It is an excellent option for you if you have any toddler as it’s very quiet and you will be able to do quick cleanups while he/she sleeps.
2. Bona Stone Tile & Laminate Floor Spray Mop:
Bona Stone, Tile and Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop is a complete cleaning package which can be used to clean the floors very quickly and without any hassle. The Mop is very light to lift about 5.2 pounds, which makes it very light and convenient to use.
It is very thin, and the handle is just the right height so that you do not have to lean forward too much while cleaning. The Mop is slim and sleek and designed for eliminating the gripping problem that other mops have.
Retain the shine
The product comes with pads and cleaning solution to clean and leaves no residue. Also, its cleaning solution will keep giving a cleaner look of the floor for a long time.
free of harmful chemicals
The solution used with the Mop is of neutral pH; hence, it is not harmful to the floors or the skin either. The solution that Bona provides is GREENGUARD GOLD Certified especially for indoor use, which indicates that it is hazard free and.
- Cleaning is faster than usual since the Mop has a large head.
- The microfiber pad eases the tiresome cleaning process. Moreover, these cleaning pads are washable.
- It has a foldable hook which makes it convenient to hang on the wall or store anywhere.
- And the grip of the Mop is designed for firm grasping while cleaning.
- The rubber pads of the mops safeguard scratching furniture.
- When pressure is applied to clean the Mop, it does not spread evenly. Instead is concentrated in the center.
The Mop has some great features and is very convenient to use overall. But some of the mops have reported having functionality problems. So if you face any issues, try to contact the company and ask for a replacement.
3. Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System is an eco-friendly, less expensive, and convenient form of cleaning solution. It is a complete answer to people who are looking for a multipurpose mop.
Ease of use
The Mop is made with aluminum, which has an adjustable handle and is extremely lightweight. Since the handle of the Mop can be adjusted, it is perfect for anyone to use, be it an adult or a kid or even for a person with mobility problems.
360-degree rotating head
For some, cleaning the hard to reach areas are the worst kind of punishment they can face. But The head of the Mop can rotate 360 degree. which makes it easier to clean the corners which are usually very hard to reach.
Reusable cleaning pad
It comes with two cleaning pad which can be reused up to 100 times. So you won’t need to buy them anytime soon
- The adjustable is easy to use for anyone. Also, the Mop is very light, which makes cleaning super convenient and easy.
- Microfiber pads ensure proper cleaning. And you can wash, wring, reuse, and replace very quickly. So it is Eco-friendly.
- It is a multipurpose mop. You can use to dust, sweep, Mop or even scrub.
- You can use to clean almost any floors by using it. Makes it one of the best Mop for textured vinyl floors.
- If The screw of the handle is lost, you might need to drill new holes.
This Mop is a perfect option for people with pets and is looking for something cheap to buy.
4. JINCLEAN™ 24″ Industrial Class Cotton Floor Mop:
JINCLEAN Industrial Class Cotton Floor Map is a perfect tool to clean anyplace or any floor be it your office or garage, tile, vinyl floor or laminate – it makes cleaning super easy and convenient.
Puts no stress on your back
The height of the Mop can be up to 5.9 inches; hence, no bending is required. Moreover, long handle makes cleaning corner easier and makes the spots like under the bed or sofa easy to reach.
A large cleaning pad
The pad is made of cotton and is very wide. It is about 24 x 11 inches in dimension, which make cleaning extremely convenient. It can clean a larger quite quickly. Additionally, the pad is easy to wire as well.
The Mop doesn’t require any cleaner or chemical to clean. Use water to clean. So you or any of your family member is safe from exposure to any chemicals.
- Wide cotton pad to make cleaning easy.
- When cleaning the pressure is exerted equally on all sides.
- The adjustable handle makes it easier to clean saving time.
- The pad doesn’t have enough fiber
The only problematic thing could be changing the pad regularly since the cotton pad gets damaged quickly. But If you are looking for a long adjustable handle and a wider cotton pad, this is the best sponge mop for vinyl floors to fit all your needs.
5. Super Absorbent Microfiber Mop:
Super Absorbent Microfiber Mop sweeps dust from all types of floor conveniently. That too, without leaving any single stripes of dirt.
It has a long adjustable handle up to 60 inches. Which makes it easier to clean for any height of people. It is extremely slim and has a firm and comfortable grip.
The head of the mob is rotatable as a result it can be used to clean corners of the house. Moreover, the rotating head makes cleaning under the bed, sofa, chair, and table very convenient and straightforward.
The pad of the Mop sweeps dust and pet hair exceptionally well. Moreover, the dust sticks to the pad, which eliminates the hassle of dirt flowing around while cleaning. The pads are also very easy to change. All you need to do is to stick the pad to the velcro strip, and they don’t move while sweeping. It is washable and can be washed in a machine as well.
The Mop is suitable to use on marble, laminate floors, Pergo, tile, marble stone, and other types of floor. The best part of the Mop is you don’t have to assemble. It comes assembled so there is no hassle of reading the manual for hours and ending up with the wrong way of installation.
- Super Absorbent Microfiber Mop cleans the dirt easily and quickly.
- Although this cleaner that comes with the Mop cleans well and doesn’t give any foul chemical smell.
- The Nice pads are easy to change and wash.
- If the head is not of the right size or if it does not install properly, it can fall off while sweeping
The handle of the Mop is larger than any other mops available in the market with the unique feature of the collecting dirt on the pad. Although it does has few technical issues and design fault, it can be a perfect solution if you need an extra tall handle. If all the floating dirt while sweeping annoys you, it is of the Best Mops for Vinyl Floors for you.
Best Way to Use Mops for Vinyl Floors?
When it comes to cleaning sludge and slime across the vinyl floors, you might want to vacuum off debris and push around by the Mop.
Also, mops with microfiber pads may not be the best choice when you are attempting to wipe off grout at stubborn corners. The fibers are too short for that so you might want to rub it off separately with a soft brush. These mops are much lighter and are designed to fit comfortably into the user’s hands. So, they are safer and prevent injuries.
Vinyl Floors Maintenance tips:
- Do a daily removal of dust and debris. It always is recommended to avoid build-up of accumulated dirt and will be less of a hassle to clean all the dirt at once
- Floors should clean with neutral detergent and warm water at least once a week. Light colors require more frequent cleaning.
- Do not leave stains untreated for a long time. It is advisable to treat stains with warm fresh water instead of using any oil-based products.
It is tough to deal with office work and house chores properly at the same time. Using mops is undoubtedly one of the cheapest ways to keep vinyl floors clean. However, bear in mind that purchasing the best mops Vinyl Floors alone cannot keep floors clean. Only properly taking care of vinyl texture can maintain the delicate vinyl floor surface. We have provided some practical information regarding the proper maintenance and also the best way to use the mops for vinyl floors which you should definitely follow. If you like us, please share.