Mannington luxury vinyl tile is a great alternative for your floor. Once you have installed this luxury vinyl tile, you will want to keep them looking clean and fresh.
But you may be wondering how to do that. While vinyl tiles are easy to care for, knowing how to clean them properly is also important to keep them durable.
If you’re searching How to clean Mannington luxury vinyl tile or what you should do if you notice dirt, this article will show you essential information on cleaning your luxury vinyl tile.
The Cause of Mannington Luxury Vinyl Tile Discolor?
General stains may discolor Mannington luxury vinyl tile. This includes:
Stains: The glue comes off the edge of the underneath and creates a dirty look on it.
Moisture: Moisture underneath or above can cause stains. Vinyl tile is water-resistant, however not waterproof. That is why if it stays wet for a long time, it can get dirty.
Water: The spill of liquids like water, juice, and milk may stain on vinyl tiles. Water can become a stain if it is consumed for a long time, and it can be very difficult to clean sugary drinks when they are dried. Clean the spills immediately.
Grocery – Most of the food items leave behind stains, mainly items like vegetables and tomatoes. Clean it immediately.
Cosmetics: Cosmetics can make a stain if it is not cleaned immediately.
Markers and Crayons: Markers and Crayons are difficult to clean when left for a long time.
What Makes The Vinyl Tile Yellow?
Mannington luxury vinyl tile gets old over time, so expect it to turn yellow over time. However, if you protect the tile, it should not be a notable issue. To get rid of yellow spots, here are the most important things to avoid:
Harsh and bleach chemicals – This item can discolor and damage floors.
Heat: Do not use a steam cleaner or hot water to clean vinyl tile.
Direct sunlight – If you have a lot of light in your house, vinyl tile may not be best for you.
Rubber stain – Rubber stain can spoil the color of vinyl tiles.
Dirty: Always take off your shoes before walking on vinyl tile. Dirt, grit, and asphalt chemicals will irritate the vinyl tile and change its color over time.
How to Easily Clean Mannington Luxury Vinyl Tile
Let’s turn to our favorite way to clean stained Mannington luxury vinyl tile to say goodbye to the stain forever.
How to Clean Tile with Lemon
Before rotting old lemons, be sure to use them at home! They can really help you lose the stain of vinyl.
- Firstly, wipe with a clean damp cloth.
- Then, cut half a whole lemon. Directly Rub half a lemon on the dirt. Repeat for other sections as needed.
- Now wipe with a damp cloth to steal lemon residue.
- Finally, dry it with a special cloth.
Using Baking Soda
Baking soda is one kind of natural vinyl tile cleaner and may already be available in your room.
- Firstly, make a thick paste by mixing water with baking soda.
- Then, use a flexible, white cloth to wipe off the dirt, mainly the toughest, from the glue.
- Now, rub it gently. Baking soda is a solid substance, so it helps to soften and remove dirt.
- Finally, wipe the tile with another clean cloth to remove the baking soda.
Using Rubbing Alcohol
Alcohol mist is great for removing makeup and ink stains.
- Firstly, lay a clean white cloth over the alcohol.
- Then rub the stained or soiled area. The alcohol helps to remove the stain.
- Finally, do it again until the stain is gone.
WD-40 is the best way to relieve stains. Try it in an invisible place before using it.
- Firstly, spread a small amount of WD-40 on a white cloth.
- Then, rub the cloth on the stain. Continue rubbing until it disappears.
- If it is not removed, it can turn into a hard stain that cannot be removed.
With Dish Soap
A soap and water mixture is the best way to clean vinyl tiles if necessary. To remove excess dirt, especially hard grime, you may apply this method:
- Firstly, mix some apple cider vinegar and a quart of warm water. Scrub the apple cider vinegar gently on the tile.
- Then, add a spoonful of soap. The soap helps to remove and lift dirt.
- Now, use a broom with a nylon brush as this may provide additional cleaning.
- Finally, the floor is completely dry.
Clean LVT Floor With Rejuvenate Vinyl Floor Cleaner
If you want a specific product for your vinyl tiles, we suggest Rejuvenate Vinyl tile cleaner.
This harmless vinyl floor cleaner machine removes grime, dirt, and harsh chemical contaminants. It can remove all of the stans.
- Firstly, spray the floor with vinyl.
- Then, wash thoroughly.
- Finally, keep it dry.
Did you need any extra precaution
It would be best if you had some extra protection to ensure the long life of your vinyl tile. For this purpose, you can take the given steps below.
- You can use doormats at every gate to your house to prevent sand, dirt, gravel, and other things like oil, tar, and road seals from getting on the floor.
- To reduce the risk of asphalt tracking stain, we recommend using a latex-based doormat for each of the gates to your house.
- Close blinds or screens above the floor in areas exposed to strong sunlight. The meld of sunlight and heat will cause most furniture to fade or change color.
- If you must move heavy appliances or furniture on the tile, always use a hardboard runway or plank to protect the floor.
How to Care LVT
Vinyl tile is easy to care for because it does not need to wax or reseal like hardwood floors. We have practical guides on how to repair and maintain vinyl tile.
Sweep often: It is recommended to use a soft broom to mop close to the tile. If you may spend some minutes cleaning the commercial vinyl tile floor every day, things will get better in the long run. With so much dirt on the tile, it’s easy to make light, colored marks.
Weekly Vacuum – You may definitely vacuum vinyl off the tile. Do not use carpet as it may damage the floor.
Don’t wipe too much – Vinyl tile is water-resistant but not waterproof. Then clean only when needed. Vinyl can corrode the material and reduce the adhesive base. The floor will always be dry after mop.
Finish protection – If you wish to preserve the shine of your vinyl floors, it’s best to use a cleaner made specifically for vinyl, such as a vinyl tile cleaner.
Don’t use a steam pad— Excessive heat can cause cracks in your vinyl tile. While steam wiping is a simple and clean method, vinyl is not suitable.
The milder the chemical:, The more likely the bleacher can damage the hard vinyl tile. The finer the cleaning blend, the better. It is a good idea to find a commercially available tile cleaner designed specifically for vinyl.
Wash: If you’ve ever used a vinyl floor cleaner, wash it thoroughly. Leaving scraps behind may lead to confusion.
Floor protection – Put on protective shoes on your stuff to avoid itchiness and stains. Heavy materials may also damage the floor, so use caution.
Don’t use a scratch pad – You may think this is a great way to remove dirt and grime, but it can damage the exterior. If you want to use an exfoliator, baking soda will be the best solution as it is naturally more appealing.
No rubber – Rubber may turn vinyl tiles yellow. So do not opt for rubber feet or plastic beds. This includes rubber boots.
How should you not clean vinyl tile?
You should not use steam mops and ammonia-based washers because they may damage your vinyl tile.
Will vinegar harm vinyl tile?
For cleaning vinyl tile, using vinegar is popular. However, excess use of vinegar may harm the surface of your tile.
Is it safe to use Pine-Sol on your vinyl tile?
Yes, it is totally safe to use Pine-Sol on your vinyl tile, but it can cause discoloration.
By following the above instruction, you can easily learn How to clean Mannington luxury vinyl tile. If you face any problem cleaning Mannington luxury vinyl tile, just inform us. Our team will always be ready to help you.