Luxury vinyl plan floors are widely used as flooring materials now days. It is affordable, shiny and appealing. Vinyl plank floors can resist heavy foot traffic over a long time. These flooring materials are moisture-resistant. You never want to have a scratch or damage the sparkling look of your floor. For maintaining the pristine condition, you will have to take a good care of the floors. You will have to select appropriate vacuum/mop for cleaning your vinyl plank floors without any damage.
10 Best Vacuum for Luxury Vinyl Plank Floors Reviews
- 1 10 Best Vacuum for Luxury Vinyl Plank Floors Reviews
- 1.1 1. Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382
- 1.2 2. Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.3 3. BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless 2252 Vaccum Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro 2306A
- 1.5 5. Miele Complete C3 Brilliant Canister
- 1.6 6. iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
- 1.7 7. BLACK+DECKER HHVI315JO42 Dustbuster
- 1.8 8. Bissell Zing Canister 2156A
- 1.9 9. Tineco iFLOOR3
- 1.10 10. BISSEL Featherweight Stick 2033M
- 2 Luxury Vinyl Plank Floor Vacuum Buying Guide
1. Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382
Shark HV382 features a duo-cleaning technology for a thorough cleaning with a polished look. It is designed for capture different small particles including pet furs on different surface. Weighing only 9.9 pounds, it is super portable and moveable for cleaning throughout the house.
HV382 is a corded electric vacuum. Its LED lights help to spot and capture hidden debris. Powerful suction and bristle brushroll helps for a deep-cleaning of carpets. This lightweight vacuum can be used as a handheld vacuum for floor to ceiling cleaning. It comes with a dusting brush, onboard storage clip, wall mount, accessories bag, under-appliance wand and TruePet mini motorized brush etc.
2. Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
V11 comes with high torque cleaner head that has made it the most powerful cordless vacuum from Dyson. This is able to capture the tiniest particles such as bacteria or allergens. This lightweight vacuum is only 6.68 pounds.
It features advanced whole-machine filtration which enables it to trap 99.99% particles and dusts. Attached LED screen display helps to change 3 cleaning modes e.g. Auto, Eco and Boost modes and gives filter maintenance reminders.
Dynamic Load Sensor of the vacuum changes the motor speed on different surfaces automatically. It comes with long-lasting 7-cell lithium-ion batteries that offer a long run time and suction power. Actual run time will vary depending on power mode.
Combination tool, mini motorized tool, stiff bristle brush, crevice tool and wand storage clip are some components you will get with your V11 vacuum.
3. BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless 2252 Vaccum Cleaner
Bissell 2252 comes features triple action brush roll that easily pick-ups pet hair. It has swivel steering to clean easily around furniture and other obstacles. It weighs 17.71 pounds and offers a scatter free cleaning technology.
This is perfect for edge to edge cleaning as it has clean edges and corners. Its cleaning path is 13.5 inch wide and dirt cup can capture up to 1 liter of dirt and tiny particles. It can be used for removing pet hair easily with specialized pet tools. Some of the money from your purchase will be used for saving pets because Bissell donates to the Bissell Pet Foundation up to 10 dollars for purchasing every pet product.
Multi Cyclonic Suction System used in the vacuum helps to increase performance. Its filter is both washable and replaceable. With the stretch hose, users can clean hard to reach areas easily.
4. Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro 2306A
Crosswave Pet Pro 2306A comes with a 25 feet long power cord. It features vacuuming and washing floors at the same time. Food spills or other dry pet messes and pet hair can be cleaned using the double action technology. It has two separate tanks for clean water and dirty water. Water tank capacity is 28 ounce while dirt tank capacity is up to 14.5 ounce. It weighs 16.61 pounds.
The vacuum features a pet cleaning solution that removes pet odors. It has a nylon and microfiber brush as a mop. Its cleaning path is 12 inch wide. Smart-touch controls on its handle allow controlling the vacuum on demand. It comes with two brush rolls, docking tray and Febreze formula for removing pet odors etc. The vacuum and mop can be used almost on every surface.
5. Miele Complete C3 Brilliant Canister
C3 Brilliant Canister comes with a powerful but quiet suction system. This can be used on different surfaces such as hard floor, carpet or upholstery. It features a SEB 236 premium Electrobrush with five adjustable height levels, LED headlight and a wide brush roll. SBB300-3 Parquet twister has been used in it that rotates 180˚ for agile cleaning.
Complete C3 Brilliant has a handle control system through which it can be turned on or off and the speed settings can be controlled. The vacuum can be adjusted to the automatic setting for having a perfect vacuum speed in each surface. Velvet bumper strip protects it from accidental collision.
This vacuum weighs 19.4 pounds. It features two additional Floorheads. Parquet Twister XL Floorhead is for cleaning hard floors and the SBD 285-3 Pure Suction Combination Floorhead is for hard-floor and low-pile carpet. It has HEPA air clean filter that captures 99% of the smallest particles like dust and dirt.
Some standard accessories are included with the vacuum such as dusting brush, crevice tool and upholstery tool etc.
6. iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
iRobot Roomba 675 is a smart vacuum cleaner controlled using Alexa. It has 3 stage cleaning system with dual multi-surface brushes. One brush captures dirt from floors and carpets while the other edge sweeping brush cleans the corners and edges. It weighs only 6.77 pounds.
It follows the pattern of loosening, lifting and suctioning for cleaning everything from the tiniest particles to large debris. Advanced sensors used in it allow it to navigate along edges and under furniture. Because of cliff detectors used in it, it is safe from falling downstairs.
This smart vacuum offers a schedule cleaning depending on your lifestyle. For controlling it, there is iRobot Home app and voice assistant. It can sense dirtier spots such as high-traffic areas and cleans those places more thoroughly. It automatically recharges itself and runs for approximately 90 minutes. This can be used for cleaning almost all the floors.
7. BLACK+DECKER HHVI315JO42 Dustbuster
BLACK+DECKER HHVI315JO42 is a cordless handheld vacuum. This is super portable weighing only 2.11 pounds. For strong suction and maximum runtime, it has provided use Lithium technology. It can capture up to 13 ounces of dust and dirt.
It comes with a washable filter and bowl. Its wide mouth design helps to capture large debris and create a cyclonic suction. This wide mouth design also helps to keep the filter clean. For reaching hard areas, it has a crevice tool while a brush is used for upholstery.
Its dirt bowl is easy to remove and wash. This vacuum comes with a jack plug charger, push in brush and crevice tool and a wall mount. As it depends on Lithium-ion battery for power, there is no need to plug in while cleaning masses.
8. Bissell Zing Canister 2156A
Bissell 2156A is a highly recommended vacuum for cleaning life-proof vinyl plank floors. Its cyclonic action creates a powerful suction for thorough cleaning. It works on both hard floors and carpets. You can switch suction power using the regulator for different surface. It is so easy to maneuver as it has an integrated carrying handle. The whole vacuum weighs 10.23 pounds.
This vacuum has a dirt cup with the capacity of 2 liters. Post motor filter and dirt cup filter used in the vacuum help to capture very small particles. All the filters used in it are washable and reusable. For reaching distance places, it has a 15 feet long cord.
The dirt cup is easily removable and you can empty with without any mess. For convenient cleaning, it offers automatic cord rewind. It comes with a crevice tool and a dusting brush too.
9. Tineco iFLOOR3
iFLOOR3 is a 2-in-1 machine for instant washing and vacuuming floors. It easily removes dry and wet messes, leaving instantly dry floors. Its multi-surface cleaning allows the users to use it on different surface. This cordless vacuum weighs 9.9 pounds which has made this easily portable.
This vacuum features powerful but ultra-quiet motors for cleaning sticky and tough messes very easily without creating much noise. Its LED display helps to monitor power status, battery level, blockage indicator and many other options. The self-cleaning feature allows hand free cleaning of the vacuum. With only one touch, the machine activates flush on tubes and brush roller with fresh water and detergent for cleaning it without giving a hand. The vacuum consists two different tanks for clean water and dirty water to make sure fresh water cleaning all-time.
iFLOOR3 sturdy docking station helps to charge the appliance without any trouble. With the main body of the vacuum a HEPA filter, charging base, Tineco hard floor cleaning solution and a 3-in-1 cleaning tool are provided.
10. BISSEL Featherweight Stick 2033M
Our last but not the least vacuum is BISSEL 2033M for cleaning textured vinyl plank floors. It is a convening and easy to use vacuum. It features powerful suction with versatile cleaning. This is a 3-in-1 machine as it is a handle vacuum, stair vacuum and a stick vacuum. It comes with a floor nozzle for stairs while the crevice tool is used for furniture.
2033M weighs only 4.09 pounds and its dirt cup is able to capture 0.67 liter of dust and dirt. This can be used on different surface such as hard floor, low pile carpet or counter tops etc. It is easily convertible into three different vacuums. Its easy-to-empty cleaning technology allows removing the trashes from the canister easily.
Luxury Vinyl Plank Floor Vacuum Buying Guide
If you are confused about which one you should buy, you can check out this buying guide. Here we will talk about some important things that you should look at before you buy a vacuum. Let’s start:
- Weight: Weight is an important factor for a vacuum cleaner. You will have to move a lot with your vacuum while cleaning your house and apartment. If the vacuum is not lightweight, it will be hard for you to move vacuum constantly from one room to another. For great portability, you should look for a vacuum with a little weight.
- Filtration: Look for vacuums with strong filtration system. If the vacuum is not good enough to filter the dust, it may not capture small particles like dust. A vacuum with good filtration will capture most of the dust particles from the air surrounding you.
- Suction Power: Depending on surface, the required suction power may vary. There are some vacuums in which you can actually control the suction power depending on the surface you are using. Even, some of the vacuums have automatic switching feature for different surface. If your vacuum does not have enough suction power, it won’t help you to clean your floors.
- Noise Level: Noise level is another important matter to look for before buying a vacuum. As, vacuums contain motor for creating the suction power, it is quite normal to generate some noise. But, it is not convenient to hear some meaningless loud sound while cleaning your house. Modern vacuums come with noise reduction technology. Search for vacuums that generate less noise.
Can you vacuum vinyl plank flooring?
– Luxury vinyl plank flooring can be vacuumed. Actually vacuuming the vinyl plank floors at least once a week will give you a nice and shiny floor. It will keep the floor in pristine condition for a long time. Also, vinyl plank floorings need a great care for maintaining the luxurious sparkling look of it. Appropriate vacuums can clean dusts and foot traffic without damaging the luxury vinyl plank flooring. Make sure that you have the appropriate vacuum for the better maintenance of your vinyl plank floor.
How do you care for luxury vinyl plank flooring?
– We said earlier, for the care of luxury vinyl plank flooring, it must be maintained carefully regularly. Without proper care, its sparkling luxurious look will not be there for a long time. For caring vinyl plank floors, there are few things to maintain.
Firstly, you will have to keep the pH level of your cleaners neutral. Whichever cleaner you are using must be ammonia free. If the cleaner does not have neutral pH level or contain ammonia, it will destroy the pristine condition of vinyl plank floor within a very short time.
Secondly, you can use acrylic finish on areas where scratches and damages may occur. It is not mandatory, but an acrylic finish will give vinyl plank for a shiny look. It will also add some longevity of your floor.
Make sure you vacuum or sweep the floor every day because any dirt or debris can damage the floor. Vacuuming or sweeping regularly will keep the dirt or debris away.
Never drag furniture while moving them. Always lift and move the furniture. Pushing, pulling or dragging furniture may damage vinyl plank floor fatally.
Can you use a steam mop on LVP?
– We recommend not using steam mop on LVP. Steam and dripping water from steam mop may get seeped between the planks which will eventually lose the glue that holds the LVP in place. The heat from the steam mop may damage the LVP causing bend or warp. But, still if you want to use a steam mop, make sure that the water is warm rather than hot.
What type of vacuum is best for LVP?
– LVP is something that should be handled with great care. While taking care, it should not get damaged or scratch which will destroy the look of this luxurious flooring. We’ve recommend best vacuum for lvp floors that are capable of smooth cleaning without doing any damage to the surface. There are some vacuums that produce excellent performance on other surface excluding LVP. But, as LVP is very sensitive to take care, we suggest using the vacuums we mentioned above for a safe cleaning vinyl plank floors without any scratch or damage.
Our team have used and tested all the vacuums we mentioned above before making our list. We have also researched on customers reviews. We can assure you that all the vacuums from our list will give you a decent performance for cleaning your LVP. Use the buying guide and take a look at the features we have discussed to find the best vacuum for your LVP.